6/10/12

Marinated Pork Kebabs

A pork kebab recipe made easy from juicy country ribs marinated in the BEST pork marinade made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

So, yet again I found myself staring at a sparse pantry trying to figure out what to cook in a What would MacGyver do? moment.

I had country style ribs and not too much else for inspiration. I'd somehow managed to be without my usual marinade staples (hoison, sesame oil, citrus fruit or juices, worcestershire, etc.) and was getting kinda frustrated.

Marinated Pork Kebabs!  A pork kebab recipe made easy from juicy country ribs marinated in the BEST pork marinade made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

It was raining and I really didn't want to go to the store. Well, maybe it was the rain, maybe it was the fact that I really didn't feel like taking a shower and schlepping the the kids anywhere.

I wanted something with a little Asian flare so I grabbed the soy sauce. Then I needed to add an acid and sugar so I grabbed the dijon mustard and honey. Then I worried that the dijon wasn't acidic enough so I grabbed the balsamic. A bit of garlic later and I was pretty happy. I cut up the country ribs and marinated them all day relatively hopeful that everything would be tasty.

AND THEN... I grilled these bad boys and the clouds parted and the sun shone bright and birds started to sing and everything else went quiet because everybody at the table was too busy eating to utter a word.

Marinated Pork Kebabs!  A pork kebab recipe made easy from juicy country ribs marinated in the BEST pork marinade made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

It was glorious ("glorious" like Will Ferrell said it in Old School when he almost died and saw Blue).

I now use this marinade every time I cook pork loins, country ribs and pork chops (well, except for good ol' fried pork chops). Marinate pork tenderloins then bake them, marinate pork chops them grill or broil them, marinate whole country ribs then grill them. It's literally perfect for any pork!

Marinated Pork Kebabs

Marinated Pork Kebabs
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Author: Mandy Rivers | South Your Mouth
Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 30 Mininactive time: 6 HourTotal time: 6 H & 40 M
A pork kebab recipe made easy from juicy country ribs marinated in the BEST pork marinade made with soy sauce, honey, garlic and dijon mustard!

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds country ribs
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Black pepper

Instructions

  1. Cut the ribs into 2" pieces then place in a large zip-top bag.
  2. Whisk together honey, dijon, soy sauce, garlic and balsamic vinegar until thoroughly combined. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade and set aside.
  3. Pour the remaining marinade over the pork. Seal zip-top bag, refrigerate then marinate 6-8 hours.
  4. Place pork on skewers and sprinkle with black pepper. Grill low and slow; baste with reserved marinade until done. Take care not to overcook these - I cook mine for about 30 minutes over low heat.

Notes:

If you can't find country-style ribs, buy a boneless Boston Butt then cut it into 2" pieces. Pork loin will work also but it's very lean so don't overcook it or it could be dry.

pork, kebab, kabob, kebob, kabab, country-style, country ribs, marinade, best, honey, dijon, mustard, balsamic, asian, tenderloin, grilled, marinate, easy, boston butt
main course, dinner, grilling
Created using The Recipes Generator
Keep up with my latest shenanigans by following South Your Mouth!


17 comments:

  1. Yummy! Found you through weekend potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sauce sounds amazing! So happy you shared your creativity with us at Weekend Potluck. Please come again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe inspired me to repair our grill and get out there to cook! My family loved these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made these today! yum yum yum yum yum! My husband & I both LOVED them! :) I didn't follow the recipe exact, I used a balsamic citrus marinade instead of the balsamic vinegar & i forgot to use garlic! whoops, I bought some for the recipe & forgot to use it, but it didnt taste like I left anything out. The marinade has SO much flavor! mmmmmmm. thanks, i will definitely make again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I make these in the oven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, yes. I'd lose the skewers and just arrange them on a large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake hot and fast.

      Delete
  6. Can I use chicken instead of pork?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you only marinate the pork and make meat kabobs? If so, how and what did you serve them with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, this recipe is just for pork. I've served all sorts of things with this... usually a green vegetable and a starch.

      Delete
  8. How many folks will this serve?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can this be Used for whole pork chops?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still smiling at your little story! "The clouds parted..." LOL! Thank you for making me smile today! I cannot wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! While I’m not able to respond to every comment, I try hard to answer any questions that haven’t been addressed in the post, recipe or in other comments.

I can tell you now 1) I have no idea if you can substitute Minute Rice or brown rice in my recipes because I’ve never used them and 2) If I know how to convert a recipe to a Crock Pot version, I will make a note about it (otherwise, I don’t know).

And though I may not respond to them all, I do read each and every comment and I LOVE to hear from you guys! Thanks, y’all! - Mandy